Legionella (Legionnaires' disease) Risk Assessments
It is a legal requirement to have a legionella risk assessment of all cold and hot water systems. The risk assessments is usually carried out as a part of our legionella risk management programme which help manage the risk of Legionnaires' disease. Our Risk assessments have been developed in accordance with the guidelines and recommended practices issued by the UK Health & Safety Executive L8 and the Health and Safety Commission (HSC). A risk assessment will have a significant impact on reducing liability should any problems occur.
On average there are 200-250 reported cases of Legionnaires’ disease – a potentially fatal form of pneumonia – in the UK each year.
Following a site survey, our qualified and experienced risk assessor will produce a comprehensive report. The legionella risk assessment report will identify any risks as well as any remedial action necessary to meet current standards and legal requirements.
The report will also include a schematic drawing of your water system and a guide to complying with the Associated Code of Practice (ACOP L8).
Please contact us for a free no obligation consultation with one of our experts on how your organisation can comply with current UK legionellosis legislation
Water systems to be assessed
DCS can provide risk assessments for all types of applications including:
hot and cold water systems
A risk assessment is an important step in protecting your workers and your business, as well as complying with the law.
- plant and associated pipe work
- cooling systems
- domestic systems
- wash systems
- air conditioning systems
- cooling tower systems
- hot and cold water systems
What does the risk assessment involve?
Our fully documented Legionella risk assessment includes identification and evaluation of potential sources of risk and includes:
- a full asset register outlining the water systems which fall within these guidelines on your site.
- digital photographs of all your assets.
- outline the current condition of the water systems and whether the water storage is hygienic, and compliant with the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations 1999.
- AutoCAD schematic drawings of your water systems.
- whether water temperatures are satisfactory for the control of Legionella bacteria.
- The risk assessment will define any remedial actions required to achieve compliance with the guidelines such as cleaning and disinfection of water systems and storage. It will recommend ways of either eliminating or managing the risk to legionella bacteria through an action plan
- a schedule for on-going water hygiene monitoring.
- provide you with a clear understanding of how the guidelines relate directly to your site and provide the documentation required by the HSE/HSC.
- identification of on-site personnel training requirements
Our legionella risk assessors
All our risk assessors have both the practical experience and formal training to ensure that your cold and hot water systems meet the required UK regulatory standards and legionellosis legislation.