Cleaning and disinfection of water storage systems
A certificate of completion is issued on completion of the contract.
Water storage tanks must be kept clean - neglected tanks and reservoirs are high risk areas for the spread of the potentially fatal legionella and other types of bacteria which can proliferate in stagnant or contaminated conditions.
Descale & Chlorination Services Ltd uses various methods of cleaning and disinfection techniques for hot and cold water systems:
- using chemical disinfectants such as chlorination
- thermal disinfection, ie by heating the water to a temperature at which legionella can not survive.
Cleaning, Disinfection and Maintenance - Water storage systems
- 24 hour emergency disinfection
- Risk assessment for Legionella control
- Storage tank cleaning and chlorination including all associated pipe work
- Chlorination using purogene or chlorine dioxide treatment
Disinfection, cleaning and manual desludging of cooling towers should be undertaken at least twice a year, but more frequent cleaning may be necessary depending on local environmental conditions such as dirty atmospheres and the conclusions reached in the risk assessment. We offer the following services:
- Cooling tower cleaning and disinfection
- Cooling tower replacement, refurbishment and repairs
- Cooling tower water treatment
Below, we have shown an example of a water storage tank we worked on.