Legionella (Legionnaires' disease) Risk Management Programme
A Legionella Risk Assessment is often the first step in identifying the risk of legionella from water systems. The next step is the implementation of a proactive risk management programme which will recommend the processes and actions required to control the identified risks. A risk management programme will also ensure regulatory compliance.
Outbreaks of Legionnaires' disease are often associated with cooling tower systems and hot and cold water systems.
Descale and Chlorination Services Ltd have the expertise to develop comprehensive, tailored legionella risk management programs on a site-specific basis which will effectively minimise the risk from Legionella bacteria which cause Legionnaires' disease.
What our Legionella Risk management programmes involve
Our risk management programmes will:
- Identify and assess the sources of risk from Legionella and other pathogenic microorganisms in water systems through a risk assessment
- Prepare a scheme for preventing or controlling the risk through a water hygiene monitoring programme
- Appoint a person to be managerially responsible
- Recommend any training programs
- Implement and manage precautions
- Keep auditable records of the precautions implemented